Fletcher is Growing up Fast!

Lilypie

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Something New for My Too Familiar Home



Years ago when I bought my striped living room curtains from Pier 1, I had also bought sofa pillows to match. Over the years the pillows had gotten pretty yucky, and they weren't washable, so I trashed them about a month ago. But 2 weeks ago I remembered that at the same time that I purchased the curtains and pillows, I had also gotten an extra curtain panel to make a valance for my kitchen window. And there was enough left over in the attic to make new pillow covers! So last night I dug out the fabric, threaded the old sewing machine, and less than an hour later, Viola! new washable pillow covers! I got the yellow floral fabric at 'the big clean up' at Ed's parents house a couple of weeks ago and decided to make 2 pillow covers with it also and I love it! I have some of the yellow fabric left and want to make something else: chair seat covers for my black PB chairs? new sunny kitchen valance? napkins? dress for moi? headband? :)

1 comment:

Danielle Anthony said...

yes, put some yellow on those chairs. OR RED!!!!

Keeping up with family and friends and posting lots of photos of Fletcher