Fletcher is Growing up Fast!

Lilypie

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Progress?

They say it gets worse before it gets better, right? Well that is the case at our home right now. Yesterday I took down the sconces in what we pretended was the dining room for a long time, as well as the chandelier. I put up a new light fixture that Ed can not conk his head on every time he gets up from the desk. Today I removed another wall paper border, this time from the laundry "room." I also removed the old caulk and re-caulked the downstairs toilet. I removed all the shoe molding from the kitchen and entry area to prep for new flooring. I am pooped, the house looks like a disaster, and I can't wait for the new stuff!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow- we'll have to call you "Handy Joanna!" I can't wait to see your "new" home :)

Joanna Clausen said...

Tore out the counter tops and sink yesterday and hired someone to do the flooring, electrical, and painting, to begin on November 29. New counter tops coming Tuesday. Progress!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see! I know you won't be like us and let the projects drag on forever.
Cathy

Joanna Clausen said...

Today the flooring is going down which is very exciting, except that we had to move all the movable furniture upstairs and all the stuff (toys) that was in the furniture, etc. I am going crazy because we are trying to stay upstairs out of their way and there is so much work to do, later and not really anything I can do right now even though it looks like someone has taken my house and put it in a blender!!!

Keeping up with family and friends and posting lots of photos of Fletcher