Fletcher is Growing up Fast!

Lilypie

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's at Latta Plantation





Fletcher and I enjoyed ourselves at Latta Plantation's Valentine's event yesterday. We love Latta and Fletcher proved yesterday how much he has learned and remembered from all of our visits there.

Fletcher is a natural-born talker and people-person I sometimes have to go outside of my comfort zone because, truth be told, he is more of a people-person than I am. Our visit to Latta on Friday was no exception: he did his own demonstration at he wooden work bench, convinced a group of girls to help him train the chickens by pretending to be foxes (for the hen's own protection), asked 2 boys to help carve a stump into a statue of him while he posed, fed a horse from his hand while pretending to be a horse trainer, and composed a Valentine's poem which he eagerly shared with anyone who would listen.

"Flowers are red.
Violets are blue.
I hope you like me.
I like you!"

No comments:

Keeping up with family and friends and posting lots of photos of Fletcher