Fletcher is Growing up Fast!

Lilypie

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Catawba County Attractions






Fletcher and I headed west yesterday and visited several Catawba County attractions: the Catawba Science Center, Bunker Hill Covered Bridge, Murray's Mill, and Aunt Venida. Fletcher's favorite part of the Science Center was the Raceway exhibit where you roll balls along track and try to get them in to buckets and use slats of wood to build ramps for balls. My favorite was the butterfly exhibit, Flutter-by. We then went to my Aunt Venida's house and she took us out to lunch at Village Inn Pizza. Yum! We all went to the covered bridge and then to Murry's Mill. I just love doing stuff like that! Fletcher was really interested in all the machines in the mill and how the huge water wheel made then work. For a treat, Fletcher had ice cream and I had a Coke in a glass bottle in the porch swing at the Mill's General Store. I highly recommend this day trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what great pics, what a great day!
db

Keeping up with family and friends and posting lots of photos of Fletcher