Fletcher is Growing up Fast!

Lilypie

Monday, August 11, 2008

Reedy Creek Park






Fletcher and I had a wonderful afternoon at Reedy Creek Park in Cornelius on Sunday. We ate a snack at a picnic table overlooking the lake which was full of boats on this beautiful day. We walked along the water's edge, turned over rocks, used sticks and rocks as levers and fulcrums, saw a duck family, geese, and squirrels, walked through the woods, played on the playground, and really enjoyed each others company.

We are so fortunate to live in a place where we have all the benefits of the lake, a wonderful park system, libraries every few miles, as well as a less than 1/2 hour drive to all the attractions of uptown Charlotte. When I get anxious to move, I have to remind myself of all of these little luxuries!

Last year at this time I could not wait for Fletcher to go back to preschool (ugh, did I really say that?)but this summer has gone by way too fast and I am going to miss my boy when preschool begins in early September.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the walking hat pic of F! And, I have to agree- we definitely have a lot of educational and fun opportunities within a short driving distance.

Keeping up with family and friends and posting lots of photos of Fletcher