Fletcher is Growing up Fast!

Lilypie

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reflections on a Day

I spent more time in front of the TV yesterday than I normally do in a month, but it was worth it.

I was struck by so many poignant moments: Obama's inaugural address, the benediction by Rev. Lowery, the children, the songs performed at the Neighborhood Ball that will forever have new meaning to me, and on and on. I am grateful for Emily and her play-by-play on Facebook and am so proud of she and Shaun and happy for Cam that they were there. I was just as glued to the computer and am grateful for the technology that brought so many people together on this day to remember. I am glad it was a snow day so that Fletcher and I could be home together. I will forever remember Fletcher asking me to dance as the president and the first lady took the dance floor for the first time to Beyonce's rendition of At Last.

Never have so many people voted in an election year, never have so many people attended an inauguration. Let our country, with the guidance and inspiration of our new president, break another record in the coming weeks, months, and years: never have so many people cared.

I am proud, awed, inspired. YES WE CAN!

I urge everyone to visit ServiceNation.org to pledge your time and efforts to better our country.

No comments:

Keeping up with family and friends and posting lots of photos of Fletcher